Monday, June 28, 2010

Small update - she smiles!

Not to be a "crazy mother," but Teagan woke up for a brief time and was in much better spirits after some chicken and rice congee and apple juice. The four of us played a game of share the cups and drop the cups on the ground. She  smiled and laughed  A LOT and made some sounds imitating what we were saying.  She has the cutest smile and laugh. The photos probably don't really capture it, but I thought I'd post them anyway.


She's back asleep now. She is a bit of wild sleeper, legs sticking out thought the crib, arms sticking out. I had her on the bed, but she kept rolling off. She seems peaceful for the moment. She likes to be rocked to sleep.  I wonder if they did that at Angel's Home, because when I put her in a rocking position and started singing, she instantly put her fingers in her mouth and closed her eyes and went off to sleep. OR, perhaps it is my singing that is trying to escape from. LOL!

One thing I did not mention in my prior post is watching the  the nannies leave from the various SWIs. I could see the first two sets of nannies (before Teagan) out the window in their car/van crying as they left the children. I am happy they care for the children so much, and yet, it's so sad for them at the same time to have to always say good bye. We had a gift to give to Angel's House, and we had to give it instead to the SWI official from Pingdingshan  to give to her because the Angels Home founder had had to leave our building because she was crying to say good bye, the babies were crying every time they saw her.  I think you can see in Teagan, already, that care she received coming through for her.

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your posts. Wow. Thank you for sharing all this. I am sitting in my office with a mixture of smiles and tears. I am so happy for you. Love, Ken

    ReplyDelete