Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Full Day in Zhengzhou!

x

Today is our last full day in Zhengzhou! We leave tomorrow for Guangzhou.  
Yesterday we spent the day swimming, and playing in the play-room.  Catherine and I went out to lunch at Mama Mias in the hotel .  There is not a lot to do here because we are in such a busy area without a lot of options for traveling for children. Crossing the street itself is pretty tough with the traffic. That’s ok though for us. Our lives are so buys at home, that this is a welcome break in many ways.


  Today, we are seeing a lot more happiness!


  And a lot more eating!





 I finally figured out she likes to drink off of a spoon. As it turns out, that is how she was fed her bottle at Angel’s Home. The bottle that was given to us was a bottle with a long spoon. I honestly, had no idea what it was and have not used it.

Sadly, our 15-month has been trying to tell us she likes her bottle with a spoon and we thought it was just "baby play" - jam-the-spoon-into-the-bottle. She has repeatedly jammed her baby spoon into the nipple of the bottle and her sippy cup and shown it to me.  This morning, when I had her bottle ready, she pointed to the spoon. When I fed her the bottle with the spoon, she clapped. For me. 

There is a park behind our hotel along a river. We went there today right after breakfast because it was only 90 degrees and 90% humidity at that time. Catherine had a good time jumping on the "jumpy thing."



And playing on the park equipment.  There were  a lot of children out today, and lots of grandparents watching young children and exercising on the equipment as well.




My hair had a good time growing to previously unknown proportions and making strange swirls on my forehead. Jason suggested I start a blog about my hair in China. After the park, we walked down the other side of the river on the way home. On the other side of the river, we saw Grace and her parents. I said to Teagan, "There is Yao Yao!" (Grace's Chinese name). Teagan whipped her head around and pointed at Grace!


After that, we did some more swimming and hung out with some other families at the pool. Catherine played cards with her friend Natalie which gave me a chance to talk to Emily and her new son Noah.


I figured out how to post the flip videos  here, so I'll hopefully be posting more soon. Thanks for all your emails and posts. We love reading them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember that humidity and heat like it was yesterday. Glad there is a pool and the play area looked really cool. Teagan sounds like she is a very smart baby! I loved that she clapped for you when you figured out the spoon/bottle trick! Can't wait to see your posts from Guangzhou. I love that place!

    ~Liz Dettling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video and am amzed at the spoon bottle thing. The girl knows what is going on ; it's just trying to figure it all out. LOL! I am so happy for you all. You can see she was loved.

    ReplyDelete